Compulsory Question 3

 Welcome back to my blog!

Today I will be answering Compulsory Question 3.

Prezi Presentation: https://prezi.com/p/vz7yt4yqhl6e/?present=1

Prezi Video: https://prezi.com/v/j_qaogdenhl0/

Transcript 

Hello, my name is David Martinez, my candidate number is 1421, my center number is US154, and today I will be answering compulsory question 3 for my AICE Media Studies Class. 

Compulsory question 3 asks, how did your production skills develop throughout this project?  To which I say, while developing my magazine, my skills especially in digital design have improved tremendously. This is obvious when comparing my submissions for the preliminary task compared to the submissions for my final magazine. I have improved my ability to use software such as PhotoShop to edit my photos, and Canva to compose my designs into a working item.

 The preliminary task allowed me to dip my feet into the world of magazine creation. I had to gather pictures relevant to the topic, edit them, and then make sure that they harmonized within the magazine. Comparing my preliminary task submissions to my final product, you can see the growth as well as the improvement on sections that I mentioned in the reflection for the preliminary task.

For example, comparing my preliminary task cover to my final magazine cover you can see that the difference is profound. During the creation of my preliminary cover, I did not include a tag line, I lacked meaningful cover lines, and had bad color choices that made the font hard to read in some spaces. Not to mention an ugly color scheme that led to a purple blotch in the middle of the page that could be considered an eye-sore. This showcased my lack of skills in digital design that over time improved to become my final cover. We see every aspect of a cover present in my final cover including a tag line, the colors all complement each other and give the cover a sense of harmony, and the font is easily readable, with many more cover lines and the exclusive feature story being placed neatly on the cover. Overall, the final magazine cover is more aesthetically pleasing and professional in design, and clearly shows an improvement in the skills necessary. 

 Another staggering difference, comparing the content pages between the preliminary task and final submission shows a significant improvement in skills. One of the things I mentioned in the reflection was that I wanted to improve the bland look of the preliminary content page. I believe that my growth allowed me to accomplish this successfully, as I had more content in my final page as well as more eye-catching features that didn't look bland and colorless. My final content page also included the addition of subheadings, which weren't present in my preliminary submission. The titles were also shortened, which showcases an improvement in lead writing as most of the titles in my final page were one line long compared to two lines in my preliminary submission. Once again, my final creation showcases a more professional and aesthetically pleasing look, as well as an improvement in necessary skills.

During the creation of my magazine, the thing that arguably helped me the most out of everything was the constant creation of drafts and the constant use of online websites and software to create, edit, and assemble pictures for my magazine. This is without a doubt what improved my magazine the most from the preliminary stage to the final stage. Constant practice in the form of draft creation made sure I was always thinking creatively and looking at where I could improve. This coupled with the need to use the programs to properly edit my photos led to what is in my opinion the greatest overall improvement in skill.

Thank you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Compulsory Question 4

Compulsory Question 1