Compulsory Question 2

 Welcome back to my blog!

Today I will be answering Compulsory Question 2

Prezi Presentation: https://prezi.com/p/g_mxf37za4qy/?present=1

Prezi Video:  https://prezi.com/v/60fvz_qf_zf7/

Transcript 

Hello, my name is David Martinez, my candidate number is 1421, my center number is US154, and today I will be answering compulsory question 2 for my AICE Media Studies Class. 

Compulsory question 2 asks, how does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? My answer to that is, my magazine would be targeted towards young teenagers aged 16 years of age to young adults around 20 years old. This is due to the fact that though a lot of gamers are very young, much younger than 16, not all of them would be interested in magazines. For that reason, I believe 16 is a reasonable starting age. The same goes the other way around, I believe not many gamers over the age of 20 would be interested in a gaming magazine. However, everyone is welcome to enjoy my magazine, regardless of age. The same applies to gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. This is a magazine made for all gamers. I appealed to my target audience by including things that most people into gaming would be into, the hottest games, game reviews to help them consider what to buy, and gaming equipment that can be bought at fair prices. My magazine was made simple, easy to read, and straight-forward to appeal to every member of my intended audience.

And now for distribution. Many of the gaming magazines that I've seen have been distributed through video game shops like Gamestop and GAME in the UK, this is most likely where most of the copies would end up, considering its where most of my desired audience would go at some point or another. Another potential avenue is online sales. Many game magazines offer either digital versions for sale or straight up sell the product through online retailers like Amazon, where it is then shipped to your home. Large retailers like Walmart and the like are the melting pot of magazines. You can often find a large selection of many different kinds of magazines near the checkout isle, and more often than not people just overlook them rather than actually purchasing them. This leads me to believe that while a potential source of distribution, large retail chains and grocery stores will probably not be the most successful form of distribution.

Thank you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Compulsory Question 4

Compulsory Question 3

Compulsory Question 1