Final Magazine Color Scheme

 


Welcome back to my blog!

So, last time I published the updated layout of my content page. Today we're going to be explaining that chocie of color and exactly why I'm going with an Orange, Black, and White color scheme. First things first, I believe these colors harmonize very well with each other, we see them all the time used during events like halloween, plus black and orange are one of the most common color combinations that people use. 

I ended up choosing a split-complementary color scheme if you remember what that is from my previous post about color scheme and more importantly color theory, but if you don't that's fine, let me refresh your memory.  

  • Split-Complementary Scheme- Combination of the complementary and analogous color schemes that places complementary colors by each other, with a buffer between them being a different color from the color wheel. This is meant to reduce the contrast between the complementary colors which could be harsh or distasteful to the eye.

So, black and white are complete opposites, one is the epitome of darkness the other of light, which makes them complementary colors. Complementary colors are colors that are complete opposites of each other. In this case, the orange in my color scheme is that "buffer between them" which is a completely different color on the color wheel. 

 Goodbye, and see you soon with another update!


Canva reference:  https://www.canva.com/design/DAE-8XebrAo/j0j3XLIkuI3V8rHoX5hXcg/edit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Compulsory Question 4

Compulsory Question 3

Compulsory Question 1