Update- Elden Ring Screenshots

 Welcome back to my blog!

Recently, I was thinking about my magazine and my plans to use screenshots from Elden Ring taken by me as content within my magazine. Immediately I thought of what constitutes fair use, and whether the developers of Elden Ring would be fine with me using their game as my magazine project for AICE Media Studies. 

For that reason, I decided to go over to FromSoftware's contact information on their website found here in order to make sure that everything I was doing checks out with them. I'd hate to have to cancel and rework my entire magazine because of this but I was not disappointed!



This screenshot was taken under a Q&A section that clearly states that the usage of images by me falls under fair use, meaning that they can be used on my magazine. 

Even if this wasn't explicity stated on their website, I'm certain that my screenshots would be considered original because:

  • They were taken by me
  • Screenshots are not extended portions of game footage
  • Video games are a creative medium
  • Some copyright laws do not apply if used for non-profit or educational reasons

Anyways, glad to know I can continue as planned.


Goodbye, and see you soon with another update! 

 

 Image- Sourced and screenclipped by me from the FromSoftware official website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Compulsory Question 4

Compulsory Question 3

Compulsory Question 1